Menu

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lighten up, y'all by Virginia Willis



Lighten up, y'all: 

Classic Southern Recipes made Healthy and Wholesome 

by Virginia Willis


This book was amazing. The best most delicious, refreshing and filling foods I have made from a cookbook. I find that cookbooks are either a hit or a miss with me, but this one... TOTAL HIT. What a smash! being a college student, I have no time, money, or energy. These recipes saved were life changing. These were quick and simple to make. Good on my budget while still being delicious. 

I cooked several things from this book, but I forgot to take pictures. EDIT: I didn't stop to take pictures, because I was busy stuffing my face. During Spring Break, my family visited and we made many of the the recipes. My mom flipped. She said it was some of the best food she tried in a while. Also, let's be clear, I am not a great cook. I burned pancakes and cooked rice the wrong  way the first night my family came over. This cookbook is great for any level of cook. This book is also great for picky eaters. My brother is the king of picky eaters. Not only did he eat everything I made him from this book... he got thirds.
I got this image from Google. 
:drool: My favorite recipes are the Crab and Celery Rémoulade Wraps and the Baked Zucchini Crisps. I made the crab wrap with tuna and then chicken, and they all tasted fabulous. Which is great for those people who don't eat fish or are picky with certain fish. 

I honestly recommend this book. Filling food that is satisfying and also healthy. They are simple and wonderful. I love this book. 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment