Menu

Thursday, March 19, 2015

IPSY -- Floral Fantasy -- March Glam Bag

My seventh IPSY beauty bag. Can you feel the excitement? 
If you're not familiar with IPSY. They are a $10 monthly beauty subscription company. I believe when you buy 6 months or 1 year subscription you get a discount. Its a fun little treat in the mail. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1dhhh?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email
 pūr-lisse - pūr-delicate gentle soy milk cleanser and make up remover  - $6.50?
I have very very very sensitive skin. I am really excited to try this out. I also have an intense sensitivity to make up removers. I have tried many different make up removers made for sensitivity, but have burned my eyes. Like, Clinique, Sephora, Mary Kay, Ect. Being that this is made of really good ingredients and for sensitive skin, I have really high hopes for it.  Not only that, it smells amazing: a clean white flower, bit of citrus and a hint of lavender. I wonder how this product will work, with it be sensitive enough to clean the skin and strong enough to remove my make up. I wear Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner and it's hard to get off.
NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lipstick in POPS - $6
NYX is my bae. They are similar to a prestige make up, but for the drug store price. I love them. I own their BB Cream, many eye shadows, and several lippies. Their products last all day. Even after along day of work; even during 100+ degree concert season. When I fist saw this, I thought "Woah, that's brown and mauv-ie", but after applying it, it's perfect. It is a wonderful nude color. Made my skin look like it has a small glow and whiter teeth. I will bring this lipstick with me everywhere.
MARSK - Mineral Eye Shadow in Fifty Shades - $22.50
I am not a fan of loose powder eye shadows. I can't seem to control it and it ends up everywhere. The color is very nice. It is a charcoal-gray-black (like a soft black) and semi-pigmented. This will be nice for a smokey eye look. But it being a loose powder, It won't be my first choice of a black. That is totally subjective; personally, I feel "eh" about this product. Maybe if it came with a brush or a color more suited to my skin tone, I would have liked it much more.

Boo-Boo Cover-Up - Medium Shade Concealer - $10
A few IPSY bags ago I got the IT Cosmetics Concealer. It is magic in a bottle. I swear by it, and now my friends and family use and love it. Getting this concealer was not the same reaction. When applied it was very thin. I had to do several layers to try to get at a somewhat pleasing look. IT set the bar for concealers. Not saying that this concealer is terrible. It is a good one. But I have already found my ultimate favorite concealer, and the bar has been set very high. This is a good concealer for quick get ready's and a lighter natural look. It also has a healing agent to help rid of the acne you maybe hiding. Its a win-win.

St. Ives - Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub - $1?
Really IPSY? I'm very disappointed in you. This isn't new. This isn't experimenting. This is giving me a cheap Walmart face scrub. These scrubs are horribly bad for your skin. They strip my skin, leaving it dry and more acne prone. The "scrub" part of this product literally scratches your skin, and can cause wider pores with scarring. There are so many other scrubs to give a person. I can't even.

Total- $46 
for $10 a month! 
Overall
Beauty Talk Time:
Not every bag is perfect. My last three bags or so, have been ideal. But this one was barely ok. While I love NYX and I am excited to try pūr-lisse; the rest of the bag is not my cup of tea. Not saying I won't use it, but I will use other products before I consider them. I love IPSY, I feel so bad to give it a low rating. I keep re-evaluating the bag, but my reaction stays the same. 
Also, the bag this month... not cute. It reminds of old motel art, the upholstery of an old doctors office chairs, or design from a shirt a grandma would wear in Florida. I don't like it. With today's trends, I thought the women in IPSY would chose something... else. 
Oh well; there is always next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment