Menu

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science by Rachel Swaby



Headstrong: 52 Women Who Changed Science - and the World

by Rachel Swaby

Amazon

Goodreads


Book Talk Time:
I'm going to be straight forward. I LOVE this book. I am all for female power. This book is kick ass. Completely empowering and fantastic. It makes you question history and want to conquer the world. 

It was only the first page where I died laughing: "There have been instances, and I have been such, of females... graduated from school or college excellent scholars, but with underdeveloped ovaries. Later they are married, and were sterile." BAHAHA. I can't even.  

"The system never does two tings well at the same time. The muscles [menstruation] and the brain cannot functionate in their best way at the same moment."All I could think of was this:
I think every woman should read this book. Realize your own strength. You don't have to live in a mans shadow. You don't have to have children. You don't have to get married. You are your own self. You can achieve your dreams. Break the stereotype and "expectations" of what the world wants from you. 


If you like this book then I recommend The Guerrilla Girl's Bedside Companion to the History of Western Art. I love art history and women fighting for recognition. So this is the best of both worlds. 

I received this book from Blogging for Book for an honest review. 


No comments:

Post a Comment