Menu

Thursday, May 21, 2015

ISPY -- Jetsetter --May Glam Bag

It's time for the best part of the month! Also, Happy Pride month! I went to the Pride Parade near me and I had a blast! I cannot wait until next year. c:

If you're not familiar with IPSY. They are a $10 monthly beauty subscription company. I believe when you buy 6 months or 1 year subscription you get a discount. Its a fun little treat in the mail. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1dhhh?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email
 BelláPierre Cosmetics - Waterproof Mineral Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Ebony - $14.99
This is a very interesting product, because it is a pencil but also a gel eyeliner in one. I was very curious on how this would work. It glides on so smoothly, it was like butter. It has very high pigmentation, which is great for a black eyeliner.

Klorane - Smoothing and Relaxing [Eye] Patches - $6
Lordy, 90% of the writing on the packaging is in French. It was frustrating to try to find the title and directions of these eye patches. I was able to receive 2 sets of 2 patches. I am excited to try this. I always struggle with dark under eyes, especially with staying up late with school. I really enjoyed them.
Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide on Lip Pencil + Bonus NEW Revolution High Color Lip Gloss Samples in Failbait and Bittersweet- $6?
I have always loved Urban Decay. I use their products every day and they never fail. On point 24/7. I would have loved to see this new Lip Primer made thicker so I can cover my lips quicker instead of it being an eyeliner size; I see the full size one is thicker online. The packaging needs to say primer on it. I only knew it was a primer when I looked it up online. The sample lip glosses are sassy! I don't see when I would ever use Bittersweet purple, but it is fun to experiment and try it. I love the pink color Failbait. It is my color.
Bare Republic Naturals - SPF 30 Mineral Face Sunscreen Lotion - $3?
I love how this is chemical-free and made with natural minerals. No chemical actives, no synthetic fragrances, and no parabens. Finally a sunscreen that sounds safe to put all over my skin. It was perfect timing to get this product too! I used it when I was outside watching the Pride Parade. My shoulders got sunburnt, luckily my face didn't. I would have liked a bit more product; The directions say you need to re-apply it every 40 minutes or so. If I am re-applying that much, then I need more to actually try the product out. (40 minutes max water resistance, yikes) Then you need a good amount to spread it. IPSY says we were supposed to get .5oz and I got .34oz! :( 
Pixi by Petra - Beauty Bronzer in Summertime - $10?
I wish this bronzer came with the Kabuki brush like it does on Pixi's website. I am a very very pale girl. My family jokes that I have whiter skin than a whiteboard. I don't understand why IPSY would send me the darkest color of bronzer Pixi has. I will use it very lightly for when I go out, but I wish I had received a lighter color. I am not a fan of the packaging. The twist lid does not swivel smoothy, it's obviously cheap and takes a few times to get close properly. I do like how it is a light shimmer, without using glitter.

Total- $39.99
for $10 a month! 
Overall
Beauty Talk Time:
This month wasn't as good as last month. Probably my fault, because I forgot to review last months bag until today. Haha. I still loved the bag. I felt spoiled again. I loved getting Urban Decay and the mineral face sunscreen. I wish IPSY would know to not give me Pixi products. I really don't like them. Also, this bag is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment