Menu

Friday, December 26, 2014

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt


This is one of the few classics that I love. It was a short and quick read, but I was fully involved and had an emotional connection to the characters. While reading, I did not read any CliffNotes, but I feel like I may be missing somethings with the symbolism and details. It was still a good novel nonetheless.


Book Talk Time:
This book really made me think. What if I could really live forever? It sounds nice at first, being young and immortal. But then the book brings up good reasons to why it is sad and not something you want. Made me really think that my mortality is something I should cherish. I need to live no matter what age and take in that I get to see my family grow and live. I could really relate to the Tucks (not for being immortal), but for moving many times for centuries. I have moved a lot and I know how much of stress it puts on a family, let-alone not being able to age is a red flag.

I admired the hope from Jesse Tuck. Hoping he could live his life with Winne. To try to escape the fact that they could love together forever. It was sweet and endearing. Which made the ending even harder to read. I had to keep from getting teary-eyed.

If you have an extra hour or two, you should pick this up. I loved reading and "feeling" the August dry heat compared to the cold around me right now. : ) Happy Holidays, Liz

Leave a comment below with your answer: Would you want to live forever? Why or why not? What would be the first thing you would want to do if you knew you would live forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment