Menu

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

IPSY -- Beauty Candy -- October Glam Bag

My second IPSY beauty bag. C:  I was hoping more of a Halloween vibe, but this was still fun and exciting. 
If you're not familiar with IPSY. They are a $10 monthly beauty subscription company. I believe when you buy 6 months or 1 year subscription you get a discount. Its a fun little treat in the mail. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1dhhh?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email
 


Cirque Colors Nail Laquer - XX - $6.50?
I think the was the most fun and artsy item in the beauty bag. It's a fun rainbow confetti with apparently 20 different type of holographic glitter! Though with all the different types, I felt it should have been a bit more dense? Like, More glitter per... brush stroke? It seemed to take several layers to finally get the look I wanted. THEN it was HORRIFIC to remove it. I never want to use it again, until there is a magical way to remove it. I heard you can use glue?

Épicé International - Purifying Exfoliant - $4.99
This exfoliant was great for my sensitive skin. Gentle and simple. My skin reacts to everything. This was great. My skin felt wonderful. I have never heard of this product before, so it was nice to try something new.
  
Noyah Lipstick - Deeply in Mauve - $6
I received lipstick was it was only alright. It is a semi-matte lipstick. I was hoping for a more mauve color, but it was like a odd-brown-purple-mix. Yet, It doesn't look like that in the photo. :l I love mauve, but I don't think I will wear this color ever again. It was brown. on the plus side they don't do animal testing while making these products.
Figs & Rouge Shea Butter Hand Cream - Rose Berry - $6.37
Apparently this was a limited edition hand cream. If you're into rose scents, then this is for you. It was a very strong rose fragrance. Not my cup of tea. I'll end up giving it to my mama. She loves to lotion, lotion, lotion.

Skone Cosmetics - Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner - $15?
I will definitely use this! You can never have too much eyeliner. The more the merrier! C: It stays on for a long time and is very dark. Its very similar to the Kat Von D eyeliner, but not as great. But a CLOSE SECOND! Prefect for my usual sexy cat eye look.


Total- $38.86 for $10 a month!  

Overall

Beauty Talk Time:
This bag was fine. Not as exciting as I was hoping for. They over-hyped the bag being a fun Candy Bag. I was thinking there would be bright pastels and super fun spunky items. I like the color of the blue bag, but I don't like the grid texture. And I'm not a fan of where the zipper is. It's hard to get items in and out of the bag. Eh, I don't use lotions that much, the lipstick was the wrong color, and the nail polish refuses to come off my nails... It wasn't the worst bag. Let's hope November is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment