Menu

Friday, January 2, 2015

IPSY -- Thinking of You -- December Glam Bag

My fourth IPSY beauty bag. C:  It was a pretty good bag this month for me. An no, the bag didn't come with that cute dog. Haha. 
If you're not familiar with IPSY. They are a $10 monthly beauty subscription company. I believe when you buy 6 months or 1 year subscription you get a discount. Its a fun little treat in the mail. You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1dhhh?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email


Coolway - Boost Repair Treatment - $3.80?
I have never heard of this brand. Though, I haven't been to ULTA or Sephora in a long time. Basically, it provides a powerful boost of ionized amino acids and botanical extracts to eliminate damage caused by harsh chemicals and high heat tools. Infuses moisture. Unique blend of Silk Protein and Botanical extracts for smooth frizz-free hair. Which I ALWAYS need. My hair can get pretty cray. I will use this next time I was my hair.
20% off any purchase at coolwayhair.com. Enter code: IPSY12 at checkout. Expires 1/31/15. Valid in US only. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot be applied to a previous purchase.

Crown Brush - Infinity Shadow/ Crease Duet - $6.99
Honestly, I am not a fan of dual ended brushes. One end always gets damaged. Either one end gets smooshed when you put it in a make up bag when you travel. And you can't put this in your typical make up brush jar. So I don't know where to put this, while remembering that I have it. But it is very very nice. The bristles are smooth and glorious. So far no stray stands land on my face. I think you buy these as one ended, they would be very worth it.
30% off a purchase of $25 at crownbrush.us. Enter code: IPSY30 at checkout. Expires 1/31/15. 


Pixi by Petra - Fairy Dust in Brightening Bare - $10
I was really excited to finally get an eyeshadow in an IPSy bag. But, I was very disappointed. The color makes a fine base coat, but I had to layer/pat it on to make it visible. You could barely tell I had anything on my eyes. And then then applicator. I can't even. How does one use it? (The picture is above) The eyeshadow was clumpy on the applicator. I used the applicator straight on my eyes and eyeshadow landed all over my cheeks, clothes, and sink; and it didn't blend out on my whole eye. It was like a stripe on my eye lid. So I tried a brush to the applicator, and it was just as bad. Eyeshadow everywhere! Its the terrible packaging that makes it get everywhere. I think I will, somehow, transfer the eyeshadow to an empty small pot and see how everything goes then. But for now, I'm still too frustrated and don't want to see it ever again.
20% off any purchase at pixibeauty.com. Enter code: PIXIDUST at checkout. Expires 1/31/15. Valid in US and Canada only. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot be applied to a previous purchase.

NYX Butter Lip Balm - Parfait - $4
I loved this! Its perfect. I am always whine about having chapped lips, and how I always forget to put color on them. Now, no more whining. I love this. My lips are very sensitive, and this is perfect. Doesn't dry my lips and keeps them hydrated. The color is also pretty pigmented and fits my skin-tone perfectly. I will be using this all day, everyday.
25% off NYX Glam Collection. Enter code: NYXGLITZ at checkout. Expires 1/31/15. Valid in US only. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers. Cannot be applied to a previous purchase.  

Tarte - Deluxe Lights, Camera, Lashes, 4-in-1 Mascara - $8?
Bravo IPSY. NYX and Tarte, You spoil me so. We all know Tarte is magical. Perfect for my sensitive skin. This mascara is wonderful. Full, long lashes. My friends have asked me if I use fake lashes, and I can't help but giggle. This is should be called "Magical Mascara". If you haven't tried it out, then you should. Right now. GO. Now!
20% off Tarte.com. Enter code: IPSYDEC at checkout. Expires 1/8/1f. Only valid on Tarte.com. Restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with any other offers/promotions/discounts. See tarte.com/page/promos for complete details. Valid in USA, Puerto Rico, and Canada only.


Total- $32.79 for $10 a month!  

Overall

Beauty Talk Time:
This bag had it's ups and downs. Sometimes I wish IPSY would let you choose the samples you want. I think there is a beauty box subscription out there that lets you do that... I'll have to look into that. Anyway, This bag was good. IPSY is getting better at giving me things that I will actually use and want. I think the only con about this bag was the frustrating Pixi eyeshadow. I loved everything else in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment